Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Monday, November 05, 2007

That's My Story & It's Sticking To Me

This blog was originally intended to be about several things, and one major topic was to be my thoughts about books I've been reading.

But instead of just reading, lately I've been trying to finish writing a book for our three children. (So it's not going to be a best-seller; not even a seller at all actually. It is going to be a gift. Will I make it by Christmas...?)

I've mentioned writing this book before in my blog - and how it is a much more daunting task than I thought it would be. In fact, I took a hiatus for several months because it is so difficult. But lately I have been at it again and that's where my thoughts have been recorded - instead of in my blog.

Actually, its one of those books where you fill in the answers to questions about your life so that your children will have a better idea of your personal history. I have often wished, even as I grow older, that I knew more about my father's life and thoughts.

Our fathers certainly play a defining role in shaping who we are - not only because of the genes they pass on to us - but also because of their personal legacies. I want our three grown children, now with families of their own - to be able to share in their roots - to know a little bit more about where they came from so that they'll be able to better chart where they're going.

That's my story and it's sticking to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home