Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Book Took Six Months to Read

Usually I am the last person in the world that wants to move at a snail's pace. But today, after six months, I finished my intentional slow reading of John Burke's book, "No Perfect People Allowed."

Along with a dozen other books it has been on the desk here in my study at the church. Been reading a few pages every day and mentally digesting a little at a time.

All the while I have been continuing to lead Pathway Church down the path of creating a "come as you are" culture. Not that we hadn't already headed down this path years ago, but there is always work to do in a church with a vision to reach broken people with the good news of God's love and grace.

I want to get some copies for our three children and their spouses and for other leaders at Pathway. That is a sign for me that a book is great.

To all my readers out there - both of you - take it from a reader/leader - get this book! Slowly digest it. Apply it.

It's the best thing I've read since "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home