Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

No Pictures?

What's wrong with me?

Yesterday Deb and I went with the "Trailblazers" (folks in our church 55 and older) to Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House in Lynchburg, Tennessee, and no one took any pictures!

I can't believe it. I never have been in the habit of taking along a camera and I often regret it. But at least I sometimes remember to ask someone else to take some pictures of church activities.

The food wasn't as good as last time Deb and I were there but I was glad to have a chance to spend more time with these great folks. I think I ate enough catfish to grow gills. Everyone was making fun of me but for some reason I couldn't eat enough. I think it was the sauce that was provided that made the fish taste so good. (And no, the hostess assured me there wasn't any of the "special ingredient" in the sauce. Jack Daniels distillery owns the place. Ha! There wasn't any "sauce" in the sauce. But they did put some on the baked apples. How terrible would it have been for the pastor and his wife to return to church with the senior saints tipsy!)

It's takes about an hour to drive from Huntsville north to Lynchburg and the day was nice and sunny and with the leaves changing colors this time of year the drive through rural south central Tennessee with rolling hills and farms was relaxing.

My only regret is that I did not plant a hidden microphone in the van with six ladies inside.

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:18:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home