Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Friday, December 09, 2005

For His Name's Sake

Sitting today at the funeral of the grandmother of a young lady in our church, I listened carefully as the minister quoted the familiar 23rd Psalm.

When the pastor got to verse 3, "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake", seemed to me like the Holy Spirit whispered that phrase over again in my ear, "he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

When you live right it brings honor to God's name - and bringing praise to God is to be your primary motivation. God leads you to do right. When you follow His leadership into those paths of righteousness He gets honor.

What parent hasn't watched his or her child do right and felt honored by their right doing? We get that from our Heavenly Father. In heaven He gets praise too when we do the right thing.

You don't have to achieve great status or wealth or achieve great deeds for God to receive glory from you life - just do right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home