Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

In God's Hands

Studying for this Sunday's sermon, "Does God Still Send Angels", I decided to use Revelation 1:20 (New Living Translation) - "This is the meaning of the seven stars you saw in my right hand and the seven gold lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches. "

I don't know of any Bible commentators who don't believe the "angels" are the pastors of the seven churches of Asia addressed in chapters two and three of Revelation. The pastors are God's messengers in the churches.

All of a sudden the realization of the Scripture dawned on me in a powerful and personal way: God has churches and their pastors in His right hand!

My cup ran over for several minutes. (See Psalms 23:5)

I often sense that Satan has a big target painted on the church and the pastor.

I am confident however when I realize that the devil's fiery darts will have to invade the airspace of God's hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home