Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Monday, December 05, 2005

My Disability

To state it in the politically correct manner, I'm "waste-basket challenged." I can't hit a trash can with debris even while standing immediately over one. I have to place the refuse directly into the container.

I think it has to do with my impatience. I'm not that good at playing basketball for the same reason. (And because I'm nearly 50 and out of shape. ) I pull away before making the shot. I don't follow-through because I'm always thinking about the next thing on my "to do" list.

All my life God has been trying to teach me to focus, to concentrate on the matter at hand. But I fear my whole life my mind will be one step ahead of my body. It's often been difficult for me to relax. I'm always thinking of something else that needs doing. (My fingers "type" on my desk even between these sentences I'm composing.)

I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to sit and watch TV while stoking the fire in the fireplace, while reading a book or magazine, or while working on the computer.

I asked my mother back when she was still alive if she knew why I was this way. "Son," she said, "When you entered the world you were already in a hurry." I said, "I love you mom, but you're not much help."

I've read a lot about my personality type...and I don't want to talk any more about it. I've got something else to do right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home