Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

LOST - I Don't Believe the Helicopter Girl

Oceanic Flight 815 out of Sydney, Australia is mysteriously brought down out of the sky, crashing on an uncharted island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean...

That's how it all began. And now, after last night's episode, (and 90 days on the island by the survivors) we are supposed to believe that there weren't any survivors after all.

I don't buy it. Either the girl from the helicopter crash (don't even think about flying close by this island) is lying out of some sort of effort to hide her connection to Desmond, or it is a vast conspiracy/cover-up attempt to keep rescuers from searching for the survivors.

After the report of the Italian-speaking helicopter girl are we supposed to think the survivors are trapped in some parallel universe? Is the island some sort of "purgatory" (which of course is non-existent) where the survivors are paying for their sins? There is indeed the strange black clowd of doom. I still don't get that.

How did I ever get hooked on this show? Why do we care?

Oh I know this is going to sound corny, but I'll say it anyway.

Hope we care as much about the truly "lost" who need to be rescued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home