Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

You Might Be A Preacher If...Vol. 2


I first met Stan Toler when he was pastoring near Columbus, Ohio. I was immediately impressed with his genuine warmth and knowledge of church growth.

Here are a few gems I noted from his book entitled, "You Might Be A Preacher If...Vol.2."

You might be a preacher if...

You know people who have their dispensations all right but their dispositions all wrong.

Everybody stops talking when you enter the room.

You have your own ideas about "the dead in Christ".

The car you're driving won't jeopardize your church's non-profit status.

You know people who have too much time on their hands and not enough on their knees.

People know you're laying up treasures in heaven by looking at your car.

The ideas you bounce off board members really do.

You know that cell groups are necessary for a successful prison ministry.

You've ever been asked what its like to work only one day a week.

You talk in other people's sleep.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi...I was just wondering...Are you related to Richard and Sandy Atwood?

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:39:00 PM , Blogger Brian Atwood said...

    crystal - yes, richard is my older brother - how do you know him and sandy?

     
  • At Friday, March 10, 2006 2:52:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm "pen pals" with Sandy. I have about 70 FWB missionary pen pals all over the world, and have a missions ministry with that(and I have a website- www.freewebs.com/missionsalive). Though, I met Sandy out here in Calfornia at a Women's Convention two years ago, and offically met Richard at one of the national asscations.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home