Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Impact of History


A little over a year ago our family was in Spain visiting our daughter Brooke and her husband Matthew Turnbough. One of our site-seeing trips took us to Segovia. This pic is of me in the middle with my son Brandon and son-in-law David Lytle. My other son-in-law Matthew is taking the picture. We're standing by the aqueduct, built by the Romans almost 2,000 years go to bring water into the city. They built it without mortar and it still stands after all these years!

The other pic is of Brandon standing in the actual throne room where Isabella and Ferdinand commissioned Columbus to sail to America! I was in awe standing in this room where momentous history was made!

I was looking through my photos today and came across these. I'm reminded of how our actions today will reverberate throughout time. Whether the things we build or the relationships we establish - our lives will impact others forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home