Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Your Word is My Only Hope

DAY ELEVEN: Saturday, October 25, 2008

Read: Psalms 119:105-120

"You are my place of safety and my shield. Your word is my only hope. All of you worthless people get away from me! I am determined to obey the commands of my God. Be true to your word LORD. Keep me alive and strong; don't let me be ashamed because of my hope." Psalm 11(;114-116 (CEV)


Six words are used in the 119th Psalm, the longest chapter in the Bible, to tell how God's Word brings hope:

LAWS: This reminds us that God's truth must be obeyed.

TEACHINGS: This word conveys the idea that God's Word provides us with insight for every aspect of our lives.

COMMANDS: This word reinforces the concept that God's Word is to be obeyed.

PROMISES: Since God's Word is true, He can be trusted completely to do what He says He will do.

WORD(S): This indicates that God is a communicative God. He speaks to us through His Word(s).

DECISIONS: We make good choices through God's Word.

Our hope in life is directly tied to reading, hearing, memorizing and following God's Word.

Action step for today: Firmly establish a daily time to read, think about and insert God's Word into your life...ten minutes before work, 1/2 an hour before bedtime...whatever works for you, but ingest a daily dose of God's Word if you want to maintain hope in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home