Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Source of Hope

DAY SEVEN: Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Read Romans 15:7-13

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 (NLT)


As we come to the end of our first week of 40 Days of Hope we need a solid foundation for further journeying together.

Where does hope originate? Do I wish upon a star? Does positive thinking assure my dreams will come true? Can I work myself into an emotionally frenetic state or go to the other extreme and practice transcendentalism and achieve a level of consciousness where I am one with the universe, thereby filled with hope?

No.

God is the source of hope! In order to experience hope, joy, and inner peace, I must trust in Him.

As we continue our journey of hope we will be looking at various uplifting and courage-inspiring promises from God. When we trust in these promises and believe that God is going to keep His Word our hope gauge reads "full" instead of "empty." We can experience confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit when we trust the Word of God.

No action step today. Your pastor has prayed for you today just as Paul prayed for the Christ followers in Rome. I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home