Contemplations

What I've been thinking and what I've been reading for you to compare notes.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Favorite Movie Quotes

Here are some movie quotes that have stuck with me because they made me think, inspired me, made me laugh, or I just thought they were clever.

They're in no particular order...


On becoming a man...
"I am Jaguar Paw. This is my forest. I am not afraid." -- Apocalypto


On facing tough situations...
"Failure is not an option." -- Apollo 13


On bravery...
"Very dangerous. You go first." -- Raiders of the Lost Ark


On having a year-round Christmas spirit...
"Mortal, we spirits of Christmas do not live only one day of the year, we live the whole 365. So it is true of the child born in Bethlehem." -- A Christmas Carol

On getting priorities straight...
"A prayer's as good as bayonet on a day like this. -- Zulu

On using your head...
"I know you can fight. But, it's our wits that make us men." -- Braveheart

On knowing when to fight...
"A shepherd must tend his flock... And at times, fight off the wolves." -- The Patriot

On knowing true success in life...
"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends." -- It's a Wonderful Life

On the impact Christ makes...
"Almost at the moment He died, I heard Him say, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do...And I felt his voice take the sword out of my hand." -- Ben Hur

On marriage...
"I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps." -- Rocky

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home